To submit community responses, please click here.
Manheim Township School District held a public meeting on Thursday, February 2, 2017 in the Manheim Township Middle School auditorium to discuss the future of the Manheim Township Middle School.
At the public meeting, Remington, Vernick & Beach Engineers reviewed their recent facility audit for the district, and based on their research, representatives presented the different options proposed to address the future of the Middle School.
As an informational presentation, the engineers discussed the Middle School building infrastructure, mechanical systems in need of improvement and/or replacement, and the curricular program deficiencies. In an attempt to show due diligence at the request of the district, the engineers presented nine (9) different options, with total construction cost estimations, for the School Board to consider when addressing the future direction of the Manheim Township Middle School.
- Renovate the existing middle school only, with no program modifications – estimated $42-45 million
- Renovations and additions to Middle School with program modifications – estimated $54-59 million
- Convert Landis Run Intermediate School to a 7-8 Middle School
and renovate existing Middle School for grades 5-6 – estimated $52-57 million
- 3-story Middle School addition onto the High School – estimated $64-69 million
- 4-story Middle School addition onto the High School – estimated $67-72 million
- New 3-story Middle School on north athletic field – estimated $63-68 million
- New 4-story Middle School on north athletic field – estimated $64-69 million
- New 2-story Middle School on west property line – estimated $63-68 million
- New 3-story Middle School on west property line – estimated $64-69 million
Manheim Township School District is offering community public tours and hosting public meetings at the Middle School on the following dates:
Thursday, February 9, 2017 from 5:00 pm-6:30 pm - Public Tour (before the Board Work Session at the Middle School)
Thursday, February 9, 2017 – 7:00 pm – School Board Work Session, MS auditorium
Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm – Public Tour at Middle School
Sunday, February 12, 2017 from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm – Public Tour at Middle School
Thursday, February 16, 2017 – 7:00 pm – School Board Meeting, MS auditorium
The community is invited and encouraged to attend.