The Manheim Township High School Key Club ended its administrative year at the 71st annual PA Key Club District Convention (March 10-12, 2017) in Harrisburg, PA. The club received the following recognitions for its service and leadership:
- Most service hours by a club (3,595.5) in PA, with the 3rd highest hours/member average (45.51)
- Most money raised toward our Youth Serving Youth Project ($2,848.09) in PA, with the highest $/member average ($36.05)
- One of four distinguished clubs in the state, given to clubs with outstanding overall service, fundraising, and leadership
- Bill Brandamore Kiwanis Family Award for the club’s work with the Lititz Area Kiwanis Club
- UNICEF Banner Patch, for raising $625 for The Eliminate Project (helping to eradicate neonatal/maternal tetanus in third world countries)
- All club officers were recognized as distinguished in their positions:
- President: Hannah Dieterle
- Vice President: Lindsey Mellott
- Secretary: Hannah Dinsmore
- Treasurer: Olivia Tufano
- Editor: Grace Torrance
- Hannah Dinsmore was recognized with the 4th most service hours (175) by a Key Club member in PA.
- Kaitlyn Genovese received the Bob Bagans Unsung Hero Award as the outstanding non-officer club member in our Key Club division.
- Hannah Dinsmore also received the Sandy Nininger Award, given to the most outstanding club member in PA.
- Hannah Dieterle was presented with an Elimidallion for her exemplary leadership.
Congratulations to the club and its members for the outstanding service and leadership to their homes, schools, and communities!