The Manheim Township High School Key Club ended its administrative year at the 72nd annual PA Key Club District Convention (March 23-25, 2018) in State College, PA. The club received the following recognitions for its service, fundraising, and leadership:
- 2nd most service hours by a club in PA (4,029), with the 5th highest hours/member average (39.89)
- Most money raised toward our Youth Serving Youth Project ($3,502) in PA, with the highest $/member average ($34.67)
- One of seven distinguished clubs in the state, given to clubs for overall achievement in service, fundraising, and leadership
- Bill Brandamore Kiwanis Family Awardfor the club’s work with the Lititz Area Kiwanis Club
- UNICEF Banner Patch for raising $625 for The Eliminate Project (helping to eradicate neonatal/maternal tetanus in third world countries)
Several club members were also recognized for their service and leadership. All club officers were recognized as distinguished in their positions:
- President: Shruti Nair
- Vice President: Emma Dieterle
- Secretary: Maggie McCoy
- Treasurer: Jackson Hilbert
- Editor: Eva Salembier
- Tiernan Barber received the Bob Bagans Unsung Hero Award as the outstanding non-officer club member in our Key Club
In addition, Shruti Nair and Emma Dieterle helped create and lead a workshop at the convention about different personality and leadership styles. This workshop was attended by approximately 125 Key Clubbers!
Lauren Kaufman also concluded an excellent first year as a Lieutenant Governor on the PA Key Club District Board. She not only represented the Key Clubs in Lancaster and Lebanon counties, but was largely responsible for the creation of a new Key Club at Linden Hall. Lauren will remain in this position for the upcoming year.
Congratulations to the club and its members for the outstanding service and leadership to their homes, schools, and communities!