The Manheim Township High School Key Club ended its administrative year at the 73rd annual PA Key Club District Convention (March 29-31, 2019) in Pittsburgh. For the year, MTHS Key Club members served a total of 4,929 hours through a variety of service opportunities. At the convention, MTHS received the following recognitions for its service, fundraising, and leadership:
- One of seven distinguished clubs in the state, given to clubs for outstanding overall service, fundraising, and leadership
- Bill Brandamore Kiwanis Family Award for the club’s work with the Lititz Area Kiwanis Club
- UNICEF Banner Patch for raising $1,485 for The Eliminate Project (helping to eradicate neonatal/maternal tetanus in third world countries)
- 4th most service hours toward our Youth Serving Youth Project (934)
- 2nd most money raised toward our Youth Serving Youth Project ($4,084)
Several individual club members were also recognized for their service and leadership.
- All club officers were recognized as distinguished in their positions:
- President: Shruti Nair
- Vice President: Emma Dieterle
- Secretary: Lauren Martin
- Treasurer: Adam Thompson
- Editor: Nicole Honrade
- Reghan Radmore received the Bob Bagans Unsung Hero Award as the outstanding non-officer club member in our Key Club division. She was also recognized with the 4th most service hours by an individual member in PA, with 253.5.
- Elyse Gallagher received the Sandy Nininger Award, given to the most outstanding club member in Pennsylvania.
Lauren Kaufman also concluded an excellent second and final year as a Lieutenant Governor on the PA Key Club District Board, representing the Key Clubs in Lancaster and Lebanon counties. MTHS will continue to be represented at the state level, as Elyse Gallagher will serve as a Lieutenant Governor for 2019-2020.Congratulations to the club and its members for the outstanding service and leadership to their homes, schools, and communities!