Tentative Livestream Schedule of MT Fall Sports Events
MT Tennis vs. Penn Manor, 4:00pm
MT Football vs. LaSalle, 7:00pm
MT Girls Soccer vs. Lampeter Strasburg, 11:00am
MT Volleyball vs. Garden Spot, 7:00pm
Field Hockey vs. Cedar Crest, 4:00pm
Boys Soccer vs. Penn Manor, 4:00pm
MT Football vs. Wilson, 7:00pm
More events will be added as the season continues.
Manheim Township’s Athletics Spectator Attendance and Procedures
Below you will find Manheim Township’s Athletics spectator attendance and procedures guidelines, which coincide with the mandates issued by Governor Wolf and the guidelines/recommendations from the Lancaster Lebanon League.
Please understand that our intent is to follow the orders we have been given. Also, please know that these orders can change at any time. This is the most current information that we have. Stay tuned!
Manheim Township School District Procedures:
- We encourage all fans (Home and Away) to view contests via live stream from a remote location, when live streams are available (a weekly livestream schedule for all fall sports is being created at the moment). Fans will be able to view each sporting event starting 5 minutes prior to the start of the contest via our livestream on Youtube. This livestream will also be available via the District Website during the event.
- The composition of the 250 individuals gathering limitation guidance provided by Governor Wolf will be restricted to the following groups:
- Coaching Staff
- Athletic Medical Personnel
- Event Staff
- Cheerleaders of the home school (Football Games)
- The Manheim Township Marching Band will process into the stadium at halftime. We are currently working on a plan t0 livestream on Youtube the Marching Band performance.
- Gathering, spectating, and tailgating outside the fenced area and parking lots is prohibited.
Sport Specific Spectator Attendance Policies
Per Lancaster/Lebanon School Districts Agreement:
- No visiting fans, visiting band or visiting cheer programs
- Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home football contests.
- Our scrimmage with Manheim Central will be livestreamed on 9/11/2020
- Only the home school’s band and cheerleading team may perform
- At this time, with the groups listed below under item number two of MTSD Procedures, we will hit the 250 maximum occupancy and fans will not be permitted to attend.
Cheerleaders will be allowed to cheer at Home events only; there will be no visiting cheer participation at away games.
Due to Governor Wolf’s mandate that gatherings cannot exceed 25 people, we will not be able to allow spectators to attend volleyball games at this time. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home volleyball contests.
Golf is held off campus and we are not designated as a home team or host. Therefore, we are not in a position to determine if spectators can attend contests. We will yield to the Lancaster Lebanon League and host teams’ decisions on allowing spectators at golf matches. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
Home tennis matches are not able to accommodate spectators inside the fenced court areas, due to the nature of the court setup and gated perimeters. Spectators can view the tennis matches from outside the gated area, free of charge. Masks are mandatory at all times for everyone once outside of their own vehicle. Maintain social distancing whenever and wherever possible. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
We do not have a structured spectator area because the course stretches across campus, which is a public venue. Spectators will not be granted access to our start/finish line areas. No admission shall be charged, due to the nature of the course encompassing our campus setting. Masks are mandatory at all times for everyone once outside of their own vehicle. Maintain social distancing whenever and wherever possible. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
Field Hockey, Girls and Boys Soccer:
Each sport of the listed sports in this group plays in gated, stadium type settings. These are outdoor settings and have to follow the maximum spectator capacity of 250 people, as mandated by Governor Wolf. Here are the procedures and policies for spectator attendance at Field Hockey and Girl’s and Boy’s Soccer:
- Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
- MTSD will compile rosters of visiting teams, coaches and essential staff who will be in attendance for contests on our campus. Those figures will be combined with our own numbers to give us an accurate count of essential contest attendees.
- Once an accurate essential personnel count is tabulated, the Athletic Director will determine the appropriate amount of spectators who can attend the game inside the stadium, fenced-in area or open spaced fields.
- Attendance to MTSD home contests will be FREE OF CHARGE for all spectators who are permitted to attend.
- MTSD parents, families and friends will be given priority for attendance to our contests.
- Visiting spectators, if permitted, will gain admittance with the remaining ticket allotment, not to exceed the max of 250 people.
- Student Athletes from MTSD will receive 2 tickets each; visiting teams will receive 2 tickets per student athlete as well, unless we are in danger of exceeding the max occupancy standards.
- The Athletic Director will distribute tickets to the head coach of each program. The head coach will be responsible for giving the tickets to his/her team, who in turn will give to their parents, family or friends.
- The Athletic Director will ensure the visiting team receives their tickets prior to the day of the game.
- MTSD will staff entry points and collect tickets from spectators as they arrive for the contest.
- We will have a system in place to keep track of the amount of people who have entered the facility, thus ensuring we are compliant with the maximum occupancy standards.
- Once inside, we will monitor the spectators and remind and enforce the social distancing guidelines and face-covering policies.
- We will ensure safety once the contest is over, as fans will be asked to remain clear of the competition surface and exit immediately at the conclusion of the contest.
- Postgame group photos will not be permitted to be taken inside the facility.
- Concession stands will not be open for operation.
- Restrooms will be available to spectators and visiting teams.