Manheim Township School District YouTube Channel
Week of October 5th -October 11th
- Monday, October 5th, Volleyball vs. Hempfield, 7:00pm
- Tuesday, October 6th, Volleyball vs. McCaskey, 7:00pm
- Wednesday, October 7th, Field Hockey vs. Hempfield, 7:30pm
- Saturday, October 10th, Cross Country Girls/Boys, 10:30am
Week of October 19th – October 25th
- Monday, October 19th, Boys Soccer vs. Hempfield, 4:00pm
- Wednesday, October 21st, Girls Soccer vs. Conestoga Valley, 4:00pm
- Friday, October 23rd, Football vs. McCaskey, 7:00pm
Week of October 26th – October 31st
- Friday, October 30th, Football vs. Cocalico, 7:00pm
* This is a tentative schedule and subject to change
*Revisions to MTSD Athletics Spectator Procedures were School Board Approved on Thursday, September 24, 2020
These procedures remain in effect for the remainder of the fall athletic season.
Manheim Township’s Athletics Spectator Attendance and Procedures
Below you will find Manheim Township’s Athletics spectator attendance and procedures guidelines.
The Manheim Township School District School Board of Directors on September 24th approved revisions to the district’s Athletic Spectator Procedures that increases our occupancy limits by 550 in the stadium (totaling 800 stadium occupants), and by a total of 120 in the arena.
The MTSD Administration may act to restrict and amend the approved practices in the interest of health and safety, and/or where data related to the pandemic requires such amendment. This could be, for example, a reduction in fans permitted to attend (fully, or in part), or, the cancellation of the game.
Manheim Township School District Procedures:
- We encourage all fans (Home and Away) to view contests via live stream from a remote location, when live streams are available. Fans will be able to view each sporting event starting 5 minutes prior to the start of the contest via our livestream on Youtube.
- The composition of the gathering limitation will be restricted to the following groups:
- Coaching Staff
- Athletic Medical Personnel
- Event Staff
- Cheerleaders of the home school (Football Games)
- Ticketed spectators
- The Manheim Township Marching Band will perform pep tunes throughout the game, including a halftime performance to be livestreamed on Youtube.
- Gathering, spectating, and tailgating outside the fenced area and parking lots is prohibited.
- Spectators are required to wear face coverings while on school grounds; event staff will assist with enforcement.
- All spectators (non familial) must engage in appropriate social distancing: 6 feet or more.
- Indoor and outdoor events will include mitigation strategies that include blocking off seats and/or rows as needed , signage regarding the spread of COVID-19, and hand sanitizing stations at entrance/exits.
- If experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, awaiting COVID-19 test result(s), or if s/he may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, spectators/fans should remain home and watch the event via the livestream.
- Restrooms will be available for Home and Visitor use (separate facilities). Entrance and exit to the stadium will also be separate for Home & Visitors. Spectators are prohibited from visiting alternate sides of the stadium and from standing/congregating from anywhere other than in the bleachers.
Sport Specific Spectator Attendance Policies
Per Lancaster/Lebanon School Districts Agreement:
- No visiting band or visiting cheer programs. Each visiting team will receive tickets to distribute as they see fit. Any visiting fan must present ticket at the gate.
- Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home football contests.
- Only the home school’s band and cheerleading team may perform.
- At this time, with the groups listed under item number two of the MTSD Procedures, we will hit the maximum occupancy and fans will not be permitted to attend.
Cheerleaders will be allowed to cheer at Home events only; there will be no visiting cheer participation at away games.
All MT and visiting team volleyball participants will be given two tickets. Only spectators with a ticket will be allowed into the arena. Athletic Directors and school districts will continue to plan for livestreaming home volleyball contests.
Golf is held off campus and we are not designated as a home team or host. Therefore, we are not in a position to determine if spectators can attend contests. We will yield to the Lancaster Lebanon League and host teams’ decisions on allowing spectators at golf matches. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
Home tennis matches are not able to accommodate spectators inside the fenced court areas, due to the nature of the court setup and gated perimeters. Spectators can view the tennis matches from outside the gated area, free of charge. Masks are mandatory at all times for everyone once outside of their own vehicle. Maintain social distancing whenever and wherever possible. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
We do not have a structured spectator area because the course stretches across campus, which is a public venue. Spectators will not be granted access to our start/finish line areas. No admission shall be charged, due to the nature of the course encompassing our campus setting. Masks are mandatory at all times for everyone once outside of their own vehicle. Maintain social distancing whenever and wherever possible. Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
Field Hockey, Girls and Boys Soccer:
Each sport of the listed sports in this group plays in gated, stadium type settings. These are outdoor settings and will follow our outdoor spectator procedures and policies for attendance. Here are the procedures and policies for spectator attendance at Field Hockey and Girl’s and Boy’s Soccer:
- Athletic Directors and school districts are working on plans to livestream their home contests, when feasible.
- MTSD will compile rosters of visiting teams, coaches and essential staff who will be in attendance for contests on our campus. Those figures will be combined with our own numbers to give us an accurate count of essential contest attendees.
- Once an accurate essential personnel count is tabulated, the Athletic Director will determine the appropriate amount of spectators who can attend the game inside the stadium, fenced-in area or open spaced fields.
- Attendance to MTSD home contests will be FREE OF CHARGE for all spectators who are permitted to attend.
- MTSD parents, families and friends will be given priority for attendance to our contests.
- Visiting spectators, if permitted, will gain admittance with the remaining ticket allotment, not to exceed the max of 250 people.
- Student Athletes from MTSD will receive 2 tickets each; visiting teams will receive 2 tickets per student athlete as well, unless we are in danger of exceeding the max occupancy standards.
- The Athletic Director will distribute tickets to the head coach of each program. The head coach will be responsible for giving the tickets to his/her team, who in turn will give to their parents, family or friends.
- The Athletic Director will ensure the visiting team receives their tickets prior to the day of the game.
- MTSD will staff entry points and collect tickets from spectators as they arrive for the contest.
- We will have a system in place to keep track of the amount of people who have entered the facility, thus ensuring we are compliant with the maximum occupancy standards.
- Once inside, we will monitor the spectators and remind and enforce the social distancing guidelines and face-covering policies.
- We will ensure safety once the contest is over, as fans will be asked to remain clear of the competition surface and exit immediately at the conclusion of the contest.
- Postgame group photos will not be permitted to be taken inside the facility.
- Concession stands will not be open for operation.
- Restrooms will be available to spectators and visiting teams.