Our Mission: Nurture and Challenge for Success.
Manheim Township School District aspires to be a place where every individual finds the resources needed to learn, grow and succeed. We are dedicated to pursuing a vision of excellence, and we believe that vision requires a strong learning environment, a supportive community, and an awareness of our place in the larger world.
We are committed to:
A learning environment that is
- A place of safety and mutual respect.
- A place that stimulates curiosity and creativity.
- A place that sets high expectations and standards of achievement.
- A place that provides opportunities for critical thinking and problem solving.
A learning community that fosters
- A commitment to lifelong learning.
- A sense of personal integrity.
- An appreciation for the richness diversity can bring.
- An understanding of the breadth of a liberal arts education.
- Opportunities for extracurricular growth.
- The achievement of each individual’s potential.
An understanding of our place in our world that requires
- Mutual respect and cooperation.
- Open communication.
- Understanding of cultural diversity.
- A sense of global citizenship.
- People thrive best in a safe and nurturing environment
- Family involvement in the educational process is integral to a successful community
- The value of individuals is in their uniqueness, and this uniqueness when shared is valuable to the community
- Personal growth requires the development of moral sense and strength of character
- A strong society requires responsible people and values ethical behavior
- Each person is responsible for his/her own actions
- The dignity of each person deserves respect
- Effective communication is fundamental to understanding
- An individual deserves the right to embrace his/her beliefs
- Each person deserves the opportunity to realize his/her potential
- Fairness is more important than equality
- Higher expectations challenge people and stimulate greater achievement
- Because people are innately curious, they seek knowledge throughout their lives
- Community success is dependent upon a diversity of people working for a common good
- Growth requires change and innovation
- Aesthetics are the creative expressions of the human spirit
- Excellence is always worthy of pursuit
- Universal education is vital to a free society
- Independence is achievable when a person gains valuable tools through learning
- Life-long learning is essential to a vibrant and rewarding life.