Kindergarten Parent Information
Building Contact Information
How do we register for Kindergarten?
Please upload required documents.
What is Envisions?
Envision Informational Flier
What does the Kindergarten school day look like?
- Arrival - Morning Meeting
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Safe
- Teaching appropriate behavior in all settings
- Interventions when behavior expectations are not met
- Recognition when behaviors are met
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the school hours?
9:00 - 3:40 (doors open at 8:45)
- Is transportation provided?
Yes, to and from school (unless your child is in the walker zone).
- When do I find out about my child's teacher?
Teacher assignments will be mailed in August.
- When does my child get to see his/her classroom?
Drop-in Kindergarten Open House. You may drop-in at this event midday OR evening time. More information will be coming soon.
- When is the first day my child will go to kindergarten by him/herself?
August 30, 2023.
We will do a quick check-in of your child’s letter and number literacy. This helps us develop an understanding of your child’s readiness skills.
At this time, the format and timing of the check-ins is undetermined. More information will be shared with families at a later time.
How do you know if your child is ready for kindergarten?
- Is your child five years old on or before August 31?
- Have you asked your child’s preschool teacher for input?
- Does your child demonstrate readiness skills?
What are readiness skills we should look for?
- Does your child know his/her:
- basic colors?
- phone number?
- first and last name?
- Can your child write his/her name?
What are some additional skills to practice?
- Cutting with scissors
- Self-control (hands & feet to self)
- Working & playing cooperatively with others
- Raising hand to participate
- Listening quietly
- Following directions
What are some things we can practice this summer?
- Talk with your child
- Read with your child
- Review the ABCs (lower and uppercase) and numbers daily
- Encourage coloring and writing
- Practice holding a pencil correctly
- Practice making and playing with friends
- Have a set bedtime
- Practice getting dressed, zipping coats, and tying shoes
- Establish predictable routines
- Teach and practice good hygiene
- Teach and practice good safety
- Role play the first day of school
The storytime event for incoming Kindergarten students takes place in the spring.
You can look forward to a storytime once you have registered your child for Kindergarten.
More information about Kindergarten storytime will be shared by your building principal.
The transportation/safety orientation is an opportunity for your child to learn important bus safety tips and learn about riding the school bus. The orientation typically takes place in August.
More information about the format of the orientation will be shared with you by your child's building principal.
How can you get involved at school?
- PTO - You can see PTO events on your school’s website.
- Volunteer - Visit the district website for information about how to obtain your volunteer clearances.
- School Calendars - Calendars for each elementary school are available online.
MTSD Early Childhood Programs
- Plant the Seed of Learning - Birth to age 2
- Grow the Seed of Learning - ages 2-4
- Sprouting Learners - ages 3-5
- Pre-K Counts (Owl Hill) - ages 3-5
- Thrive To Five )Community Action Partnership) - ages 3-5
- STEM Starts Now - Birth to age 5 - online digital STEM program
From Our Teachers
Welcome to Kindergarten!
and be sure to check out the district website