Kindergarten Parent Information
Kindergarten Open House:
March 10, 2022 | 6:30 PM | Manheim Township High School Auditorium
Click here to download more information in the future.
Building Contact Information
- Brecht Elementary
Ms. Nicole Reinking
- Neff Elementary
Ms. Travis Bash
- Nitrauer Elementary
Dr. Wendy Hancock
- Reidenbaugh Elementary
Mrs. Trudi Smith
- Schaeffer Elementary
Mrs. Elizabeth Edwards
How do we register for Kindergarten?
Please upload required documents.
What is Envisions?
Envision Informational Flier
What does the Kindergarten school day look like?
- Arrival - Morning Meeting
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Safe
- Teaching appropriate behavior in all settings
- Interventions when behavior expectations are not met
- Recognition when behaviors are met
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the school hours?
9:00 - 3:40 (doors open at 8:45)
- Is transportation provided?
Yes, to and from school (unless your child is in the walk zone).
- When do I find out about my child's teacher?
Teacher assignments will be mailed in August.
- When does my child get to see his/her classroom?
Drop-in Kindergarten Open House is on 8/23/22. You may drop-in at this event midday OR evening time. More information will be coming soon.
- When is the first day my child will go to kindergarten by him/herself?
August 24, 2022.
We will contact families in the spring to schedule a check-in time. More information to come.
How do you know if your child is ready for kindergarten?
- Is your child five years old on or before August 31?
- Have you asked your child’s preschool teacher for input?
- Does your child demonstrate readiness skills?
What are readiness skills we should look for?
- Does your child know his/her:
- basic colors?
- phone number?
- first and last name?
- Can your child write his/her name?
What are some additional skills to practice?
- Cutting with scissors
- Self-control (hands & feet to self)
- Working & playing cooperatively with others
- Raising hand to participate
- Listening quietly
- Following directions
What are some things we can practice this summer?
- Talk with your child
- Read with your child
- Review the ABCs (lower and uppercase) and numbers daily
- Encourage coloring and writing
- Practice holding a pencil correctly
- Practice making and playing with friends
- Have a set bedtime
- Practice getting dressed, zipping coats, and tying shoes
- Establish predictable routines
- Teach and practice good hygiene
- Teach and practice good safety
- Role play the first day of school
More information on this storytime event for incoming kindergarten students to come.
More information about the format of the orientation will be shared with you by your child’s building principal.
How can you get involved at school?
- PTO - You can see PTO events on your school’s website.
- Volunteer - Visit the district website for information about how to obtain your volunteer clearances.
- School Calendars - Calendars for each elementary school are available online.
MTSD Early Childhood Programs
- Plant the Seed of Learning - Birth to age 2
- Grow the Seed of Learning - ages 2-4
- Sprouting Learners - for children ages 3-5
- Pre-K Counts (Owl Hill) - ages 3-5
- Thrive To Five - ages 3-5
- STEM Starts Now - Birth to age 5 - online digital STEM program
More information about early learning at Manheim Township can be found on our website at this link:
From Our Teachers
Welcome to Kindergarten!
and be sure to check out the district website