Hello, Nitrauer Families!
We had a great week at Nitrauer. On Thursday, we conducted our whole-school drill to our evacuation site, Westminster Church. About 500 students, 60 staff members, and numerous emergency personnel participated in this carefully orchestrated event. Students and staff walked down the hill and through the doors held by emergency personnel. The whole event provided an excellent drill for a potential emergency evacuation. Nitrauer is very thankful to Westminster Church for allowing us to use their building as our evacuation site!
We also had the extremely adorable kindergarten feast Thursday (personal favorite event of mine). The “pilgrims” and “Native Americans” feasted on delicious treats.
Please remember that there is no school next week. Parent conferences will be held are pre-arranged times on Monday and Tuesday. If you are unsure of your conference time, please contact your child’s teacher.
Please see below for Nitrauer’s upcoming events and important information.
Next week at Nitrauer:
Monday, November 20th – Tuesday, November 21st – Parent Conferences – No School for students
Wednesday, November 22nd – Friday, November 24th – No School
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming soon and we need volunteers to help with set up, previews, sales and clean up for the Book Fair November 27-30. Please sign up to help at Scholastic Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up. Student Preview Day is Tuesday, November 28th. In school student purchases can be made on Thursday, November 30th, in addition to our evening buying hours Tuesday from 4:30-8:00, Wednesday from 4:30-8:00, and Thursday from 4:30-7:30. Clearances are required to help during school hours, but not necessary if volunteering for the evening buying times. If you have any questions, please email Kelly Fogleman at email@example.com or Laura McCamant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you to Maggie Foley & Rea Milne for coordinating today’s Mix It Up Lunch! Thank you as well to Phil Smith and Jenn Schnabel for sharing your time and talents with the students!
- As cooler weather approaches, there is a true need for clothing within our community. From November 1st – 30th, there will be a box in the office lobby for donations of gently used clothing, coats, hats, gloves, & shoes. Items will be donated to Lydia’s Closet. See Clothing Drive 2017 for more information. Email Kelly Fogleman at email@example.com or Diana Everhart-Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Junior Achievement (JA) relates what our students are already learning in school to real-life situations. Many classrooms are in need of a JA volunteer this year to teach 5 classroom sessions lasting 30-45 minutes each. JA provides all the training and the materials needed. See JA Question and Answer Handout for more information. Please consider helping to fill this need. Contact Joanne Badger, Program Manager, at email@example.com with any questions as well as to volunteer.
- We continue to be in need of elementary (K-4) picture and chapter books to allow for ongoing successful Book Nooks. Please consider donating any books that your children have outgrown. Books can be dropped off in the book box located in the school office. We will have Book Nook Wednesday, December 20th, so get ready. If you want to volunteer email Laura McCamant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As the weather is getting cooler, please be involved in your children’s school clothing choices as much as possible, and have them bring jackets for recess.
Mark Your Calendar:
Tuesday, November 28th – 7:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teacher’s Lounge)
Tuesday, November 28th – Thursday, November 30th – Scholastic Book Fair
Saturday, December 2nd – Holiday Pottery Painting (Pottery Painting 2017)
Tuesday, December 12th – 6-8pm – Friendly’s Fundraiser Night for Nitrauer (more info to follow)
Wednesday, December 20th – Book Nook