Hello, Nitrauer families!
I hope you all had a relaxing long weekend!
I am happy to announce that Nitrauer’s Book Nook has returned this year, and our first book sale day will be tomorrow! If you’d like your student to have the opportunity to purchase books, please send him/her with small change only, as our books are priced at $0.50 for hardcover and $0.25 for paperback.
Also, Nitrauer’s Picture Day is this Friday, October 13. Information on purchasing online is noted below.
Please see the PTO announcements below.
Have a great week!
This week at Nitrauer:
- Wednesday, October 11th – Book Nook
- Wednesday, October 11th – 630pm – Informational Meeting for 3rd grade parents regarding the use of iPads (HS Convo Hall) (Elementary iPad Night)
- Friday, October 13th – Picture Day (see below for information regarding ordering)
- Friday, October 13th – First Box Tops Collection (box top collection form)
- The Book Nook is returning to Nitrauer next Wednesday, October 11th! Students will be able to purchase used books at the Book Nook. Paperback books are $0.25 and hardcover books are $0.50. No checks, please. Small cash & change only! Volunteers with valid clearances interested in helping can contact Laura McCamant at email@example.com. We are always accepting book donations which can be dropped off in the office. See 2017-18 Book Nook for more information.
- Parents of 3rd Graders – If you didn’t attend the informational meeting for how the iPads are being used at the elementary level (grade 3) and LRIS (grade 5) this week, you can still attend next Wednesday, October 11th. The meeting will be held in the Convocation Hall at the High School at 6:30pm.
- Hopefully, everyone was busy clipping and collecting Box Tops over the summer! Our first official collection will be next Friday, October 13th. Box Tops do NOT need to be put on the sheets. They can be returned in baggies, envelopes, etc. If you have any questions, you may refer to www.nitrauerpto.org for Box Top links and/or contact Allison McCarthy, box top coordinator, at PinkMcC03@comcast.net.
- Picture Day is coming to Nitrauer next Friday, October 13th. Pictures can be ordered using the flyer that was sent home or online at www.mylifetouch.com. Use the following picture day ID when placing your order online: LT317513Q0.
- Nitrauer Knights Spirit Wear products are now available! Products for both youth and adults can be ordered online through October 31st at: Nitrauer Spirit Wear 2017. This year we have added new merchandise such as flashlights. Additionally, you can customize clothing items for an additional $4 per item.
- Nitrauer Knights will be presenting “Dorothy in Wonderland, A Tale of Two Worlds”, the school musical, next February. An informational meeting for parents of interested students will be held Tuesday, October 17th at 7pm in the Auditorium. Contact Kelly Brennan-Lefever at Kelly@KellyBrennansVoice.com with questions as well as if you are willing to volunteer.
- Save the Date for the Annual Nitrauer Fall Fest! Join friend for an evening of fun on Thursday, October 26th from 5-7 pm. Plan on eating dinner at Nitrauer before heading out for the parade through the surrounding neighborhood as there will be two great food trucks at Fall Fest. Kids are welcome to wear an appropriate costume (no weapon accessories). Do you have a great pumpkin design? Bring your pumpkin for the “Great Pumpkin” display. Sign up to donate/volunteer at Fall Fest Donations & Volunteers Sign Up. For more information, see Fall Fest 2017.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Tuesday, October 17th – 6:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teacher’s Lounge) – **Note time change**
- Tuesday, October 17th – 7:00pm – School Musical Parent Informational Meeting (Auditorium)
- Thursday, October 26th – 5:00-7:00pm – Fall Fest
- Tuesday, October 31st – Deadline to order Spirit Wear
- Wednesday, November 8th – Early Dismissal at 1:40pm