Hello, Nitrauer families!
It was nice to see so many of you at the informational parent meeting on Tuesday night about this year’s musical. I know it will be yet another awesome display of all of the talent in Nitrauer! If you were unable to attend the parent meeting, please check out this flier that has some information about the musical.
Below you will find a link to a survey that I would like to ask each of you to complete. The purpose in collecting this feedback from Nitrauer families is to help us find areas where we can improve and grow. Once I collect the survey responses, I will send out a summary of results.
Access the survey here. I’d like to ask that any families interested in completing the survey do so by Friday, Nov 15.
I am looking forward to seeing you at Thursday’s Fall Fest! The parade will leave at 6:00 pm (new time) from our playground. Please see the attached flyer describing this fun annual event (we are still in need of many volunteers!)! Additionally, please know that due to Fall Fest, Girls on the Run will not be held next Thursday, October 26.
Next week at Nitrauer:
- Tuesday, October 24th – “Dorothy in Wonderland” school musical auditions
- Wednesday, October 25th – “Dorothy in Wonderland” school musical auditions
- Thursday, October 26th – 5:00-7:00pm – Fall Fest
- Friday, October 27th – “Dorothy in Wonderland” school musical call backs
National Red Ribbon Week:
- Next week, October 23rd – 27th is National Red Ribbon week. The red ribbon symbolizes a commitment to a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. This year’s theme is “Your Future is Key, So Stay Drug Free”. To promote unity against drugs, Manheim Township is having a theme each day. We ask that you join us to support and encourage our youth to stay drug free.
- Monday, October 23rd – Wear all Red to kick off Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, October 24th – My Future is too Bright for Drugs – wear neon/bright colored clothing
- Wednesday, October 25th – Team Up Against Drugs – wear your favorite sports team logo
- Thursday, October 26th — Real Heroes Don’t Do Drugs – wear a superhero shirt/hat/socks/cape
- Friday, October 27th – Township STRONG against Drugs – wear Nitrauer Spirit Wear or our school colors (blue & white)
- Please see 10-17-17 PTO Meeting Minutes regarding this week’s PTO Meeting. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, November 28th at 7:00pm.
- Nitrauer’s Annual Fall Fest is next Thursday, October 26th from 5-7 pm and we need your help! Volunteers are needed through-out the evening. For more details of volunteer needs as well as to sign-up to donate needed supplies, see: Fall Fest Donations & Volunteers Sign Up. For more information about the event, see: Fall Fest 2017.
- Do you have any pictures of Nitrauer events? If so, please email them to email@example.com for possible entry in this year’s yearbook. If you have any questions, contact Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nitrauer Knights Spirit Wear for both youth and adults can still be ordered online through October 31st at: Nitrauer Spirit Wear 2017. This year we have added new merchandise such as flashlights. Additionally, you can customize clothing items for an additional $4 per item.
- Come cheer on Miss Ducey, Mr. Heverling, & Mrs. Shoemaker as they join other MTSD staff & students to take on the Harlem Wizard’s basketball team Thursday evening, November 2nd to raise money for MTHS Mini-THON and the Four Diamonds Fund. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door as well as the Nitrauer office. See Harlem Wizards Basketball Game for more information.
- Auditions for “Dorothy in Wonderland, A Tale of Two Worlds”, the school musical, will be held next Tuesday & Wednesday. Click Audition Sign-Up to sign up for an audition slot. Check your student’s folder for an informational flyer this afternoon. Contact Kelly Brennan-Lefever at Kelly@KellyBrennansVoice.com with questions as well as if you are willing to volunteer.
- As the weather is getting cooler, please be involved in your children’s school clothing choices as much as possible, and have them bring jackets for recess.
- Lydia’s Closet, located in St. Peter’s Lutheran Church (corner of Delp Rd & Lititz Pike) is a clothing bank for children and youth in Kindergarten thru High School for all Manheim Township School District students. They are desperately in need of gently used clothing for sizes 4T – adult. Clothing can be dropped off any day. To visit Lydia’s Closet for clothing, they are open the 1st Saturday of each month from 10am-12pm.
- MTSD presents: “Choose your own training” parent seminar on Thursday, November 16thfrom 6:30-7:30pm at the Middle School. See Parent Seminar for more information. Please RSVP to Amy Spina at 717-560-3118 or email@example.com or to Danielle Heisler at 717-560-3089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Tuesday, October 31st – Deadline to order Spirit Wear
- Wednesday, November 1st – 3:40pm – Full Cast Meeting for “Dorothy in Wonderland” school musical
- Thursday, November 2nd – 7:00pm –Harlem Wizard’s vs MTSD staff & students basketball game (Highschool Arena)
- Wednesday, November 8th – Early Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Tuesday, November 14th – Picture Re-Take Day
- Wednesday, November 15th – Book Nook (2017-18 Book Nook)
- Thursday, November 16th – 6:30 – 7:30pm – “Choose your own training” parent seminar (Middle School)
- Monday, November 20th – Tuesday, November 21st – Parent Conferences – No School for students
- Wednesday, November 22nd – Friday, November 24th – No School
- Tuesday, November 28th – 7:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teacher’s Lounge)