Hello, Nitrauer Families!
I hope you had an enjoyable time at the fall fest! It was another fun and well-attended Nitrauer PTO event. Thank you to the PTO for organizing it again this year.
As of this morning, we have just 47 responses to the survey I sent out last week. Would you please take a moment and complete this survey? The results we receive will help us create goals for school improvement.
Access the survey here. I’d like to ask that any families interested in completing the survey do so by Friday, Nov 15.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Next week at Nitrauer:
- Tuesday, October 31st – Deadline to order Spirit Wear
- Wednesday, November 1st – 3:40pm – Full Cast Meeting for “Dorothy in Wonderland” school musical
- Thursday, November 2nd – 7:00pm –Harlem Wizard’s vs MTSD staff & students basketball game (Highschool Arena)
- It was great to have so many families join us at Fall Fest last night! Thank you to all who volunteered through the evening and to Kim Romano for coordinating the event!
- Nitrauer is always accepting used books to sell at the Nitrauer Book Nook! Books can be dropped off at the Nitrauer office. (2017-18 Book Nook)
- Do you have any pictures of Nitrauer events? If so, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible entry in this year’s yearbook. If you have any questions, contact Diana at email@example.com.
- Nitrauer Knights Spirit Wear for both youth and adults can still be ordered online through next Tuesday, October 31st at: Nitrauer Spirit Wear 2017. This year we have added new merchandise such as flashlights. Additionally, you can customize clothing items for an additional $4 per item.
- Come cheer on Miss Ducey, Mr. Heverling, & Mrs. Shoemaker as they join other MTSD staff & students to take on the Harlem Wizard’s basketball team next Thursday evening, November 2nd to raise money for MTHS Mini-THON and the Four Diamonds Fund. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door. See Harlem Wizards Basketball Game for more information.
- Join us Saturday, December 2nd in the Nitrauer Cafeteria for Nitrauer’s Annual Holiday Pottery Painting to create hand painted items for the holiday season! More information and an order form (Pottery Painting 2017) will being sent home with students soon. All orders must be pre-ordered and pre-paid by Friday, November 10th. We hope to see everyone there!
- Nitrauer families and staff are invited to donate food and/or money, including vouchers for free turkeys, for our Thanks-GIVING project. The donations will be used to create food baskets for families in our Nitrauer community who are in need. Collection boxes will be in each classroom as well as the office from November 1st – 15th. See 2017 Thanksgiving Food Drive for more information. Feel free to contact Missy Weaver, School Counselor, at 735-1529 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- On Friday, November 17th, go the EXTRA mile for the Manheim Township Educational Foundation. On that day, MTEP is participating in the Extraordinary Give, Lancaster Country’s Largest Day of Giving. For 24 hours only, visit https://extragive.org/ to make a donation. Any donation made online that day will be partially matched by the Lancaster County Community Foundation.
- MTSD presents: “Choose your own training” parent seminar on Thursday, November 16th from 6:30-7:30pm at the Middle School. See Parent Seminar for more information. Please RSVP to Amy Spina at 717-560-3118 or email@example.com or to Danielle Heisler at 717-560-3089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As the weather is getting cooler, please be involved in your children’s school clothing choices as much as possible, and have them bring jackets for recess.
- Lydia’s Closet, located in St. Peter’s Lutheran Church (corner of Delp Rd & Lititz Pike) is a clothing bank for children and youth in Kindergarten thru High School for all Manheim Township School District students. They are desperately in need of gently used clothing for sizes 4T – adult. Clothing can be dropped off any day. To visit Lydia’s Closet for clothing, they are open the 1st Saturday of each month from 10am-12pm.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Wednesday, November 8th – Early Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Friday, November 10th – Deadline for Pottery Painting orders
- Tuesday, November 14th – Picture Re-Take Day
- Thursday, November 16th – 6:30 – 7:30pm – “Choose your own training” parent seminar (Middle School)
- Friday, November 17th – Extraordinary Give Day – Lancaster County
- Monday, November 20th – Tuesday, November 21st – Parent Conferences – No School for students
- Wednesday, November 22nd – Friday, November 24th – No School
- Tuesday, November 28th – 7:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teacher’s Lounge)