Hello, Nitrauer Families,
It was wonderful seeing and talking to so many of you at Back to School Night! If you were unable to attend, please contact your child’s teacher to schedule a parent conference on Monday, November 20th, or Tuesday, November 21st.
We have important information for you today:
- Today your student was given a purple half-sheet that includes information on how to sign up for the Sapphire Parent Portal, and also how to update your contact information.
- Wednesday, third grade students received iPads that will be used all year, during the school day (not taken home). Stay tuned for information from your child’s teacher regarding the exciting things students will be doing with their iPads.
- The Buddy Bench- A Place for Every Child: When students feel excluded, it’s painful, lonely and confusing. A Buddy Bench is a tool to let students know that someone needs a friend. How to use the Buddy Bench https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVaJtnTTV_I
Next week at Nitrauer:
Tuesday, September 19th – 7:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teachers’ Lounge)
*Please join us for our first PTO Meeting of this school year this Tuesday, September 19th. Hope to see you there!
*We are in need of veteran Nitrauer families to act as ‘buddies’ to the new students and families at Nitrauer. Veteran families will be paired with new families who requested a buddy to extend a warm welcome, be available to answer questions, and be a friendly face in the crowd. If you are interested, please contact Janet Campbell at email@example.com.
*Join the Manheim Township High School Boys & Girls Soccer Teams with their Soccer for a Cause Event – “Accidents Happen” Health Room Supply Drive tomorrow, September 16th. They will be collecting items for our elementary & Landis Run health rooms at the games (9:00am JV Boys & Varsity Girls and 11:00am Varsity Boys and JV Girls). See MT Boys Soccer Health Room Heroes for a list of items the teams are collecting as well as for more information.
*Don’t forget to sign up for this year’s student directory at Directory Signup. Information should be entered/completed by a parent or guardian. Please complete the form by September 30th to be included in this year’s directory.
*Friendly’s is hosting a Fundraising Event for the Nitrauer PTO on Thursday, September 28thfrom 5-8pm. During this time 10% of all sales will be donated to our PTO. See September Friendlys Flier for more information.
*Nitrauer Knights will be presenting “Dorothy in Wonderland, A Tale of Two Worlds”, the school musical, next February. (FLYER) An informational meeting for parents of interested students will be held Tuesday, October 17th at 7pm in the Auditorium. Contact Kelly Brennan-Lefever at Kelly@KellyBrennansVoice.com with questions as well as if you are willing to volunteer.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Thursday, September 28th– 5-8pm – Friendly’s Fundraiser Night for Nitrauer (September Friendlys Flier)
- Saturday, September 30th– Deadline to sign-up for this year’s Student Directory (Directory Signup)
- Thursday, October 5th– Early Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Friday, October 6th– No School (Teacher Inservice Day)
- Monday, October 9th– No School
- Friday, October 13th– Picture Day (more information to follow)
- Tuesday, October 17th– 6:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teacher’s Lounge) – **Note time change
- Tuesday, October 17th– 7:00pm – School Musical Parent Informational Meeting (Auditorium)