Hello, Nitrauer families!
Thank you to everyone who stopped out for Friendly’s FUNraising night for Nitrauer on Thursday!
Yesterday, Nitrauer students had the first official fire drill of the year with the alarm. Students did an excellent job at staying with their classes and being quiet during the drill.
Please keep an eye out for picture day (Friday, October 13) information that is being sent home with your student today.
Next week at Nitrauer:
Wednesday, October 3rd – 6:30pm – Informational Meeting for 3rd grade parents regarding the use of iPads (HS Convo Hall) (Elementary iPad Night)
Thursday, October 5th – Early Dismissal at 1:40pm
Friday, October 6th – No School (Teacher Inservice Day)
- Thank you to all who joined us at Friendly’s last night for the PTO FUNraising night!!
- Please see 9-19-17 PTO Meeting Minutes regarding last week’s PTO meeting.
- Parents of 3rd Graders – There will be an informational meeting for how the iPads are being used at the elementary level (grade 3) and LRIS (grade 5) on October4th & 11th. You only need to attend one meeting. Both meetings will be held in the Convocation Hall at the High School at 6:30pm.
- The Book Nook is returning to Nitrauer on Wednesday, October 11th! Students will be able to purchase used books at the Book Nook. Paperback books are $0.25 and hardcover books are $0.50. No checks, please. Small cash & change only! Volunteers with valid clearances interested in helping can contact Laura McCamant at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always accepting book donations which can be dropped off in the office. See 2017-18 Book Nook for more information.
- Hopefully, everyone was busy clipping and collecting Box Tops over the summer! Our first official collection will be Friday, October 13th. A Box Top collection sheet with information about our Box Top program (on back of collection sheet) was passed out to your student(s) last week. Hopefully, you had time to take a look at it. Box Tops do NOT need to be put on the sheets. They can be returned in baggies, envelopes, etc. If you have any questions, you may refer to www.nitrauerpto.org for Box Top links and/or contact Allison McCarthy, box top coordinator, at PinkMcC03@comcast.net.
- Picture Day is coming to Nitrauer Friday, October 13th. Pictures can be ordered online at www.mylifetouch.com. Use the following picture day ID when placing your order: LT317513Q0.
- Nitrauer Knights will be presenting “Dorothy in Wonderland, A Tale of Two Worlds”, the school musical, next February. An informational meeting for parents of interested students will be held Tuesday, October 17th at 7pm in the Auditorium. Contact Kelly Brennan-Lefever at Kelly@KellyBrennansVoice.com with questions as well as if you are willing to volunteer.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Monday, October 9th – No School
- Wednesday, October 11th – Book Nook
- Wednesday, October 11th – 630pm – Informational Meeting for 3rd grade parents regarding the use of iPads (HS Convo Hall)
- Friday, October 13th – Picture Day (more information to follow next week)
- Friday, October 13th – First Box Tops Collection (box top collection form)
- Tuesday, October 17th – 6:00pm – PTO Meeting (Teacher’s Lounge) – **Note time change**
- Tuesday, October 17th – 7:00pm – School Musical Parent Informational Meeting (Auditorium)
- Thursday, October 26th – 5:00-7:00pm – Fall Fest (more information to follow)
Have a great weekend!!