Manheim Township Technology Education
The High School Technology Education Program offers a variety of opportunities for students to explore careers and fields they may wish to pursue in the future. The department offers traditional technology classes including drafting, woodworking, and metal working. The department offers an extensive array of Graphics, Photography, and Video Production courses.
For students considering Engineering as a future career, the department offers Project Lead the Way courses that introduce students to general engineering concepts as well as more advanced courses in Civil, Biotechnical, and Aerospace Engineering.
In all Technology Education courses, students are actively engaged in hands-on learning. They explore specific problems that exist in society and learn how to carefully design and implement solutions.
Beyond the classroom, Technology Education students have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities including TSA (Technology Student Association), F1 in Schools, and Project Lead the Way Design Challenge events.
Content Specialist: Mr. James Ertzgard (email@example.com)
- Video production students produce the Blue Streak News which is broadcast to the school multiple times each week.
- Student placed 2nd (nationally) in the CAD 3D Engineering event at the 2014 National TSA Conference.
- The 2011 MT Formula 1 Team earned honors for the Best Engineered Car, The Fastest Car, and 2nd Place Overall!!!
MT Technology Education Links:
- F1(Formula 1) in Schools International Website
- Technology Student Association Website
- Project Lead the Way Website
MT Students in Action!