Happy September Reidenbaugh Hoppers! It was great to see so many of you at Back to School Night! Thank you so much for coming out and learning about your child’s classroom.
9/12/2018 – PTO Meeting (RM 104) – 7:00PM
9/13/2018 – Picture Day
9/20/2018 – Bingo Night (Gym) – 6:00PM-7: 30PM
9/28/2018 – Kids For a Thon Day (more details to come)
Since we are all trying to get back into the swing of things from the summer and we also have quite a few new faces we thought this would be good time to go over a couple of our policies:
Attendance Policy can be found in the Student Handbook on pages 14 and 15.
Excused Absences – All absences are treated as unlawful until we receive a written excuse explaining the absence. This is only for illness, death in family, family emergency (restrictions apply) and it must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. This note must be submitted to the office 3 days upon student’s return to school.
Educational Trips – Parents or guardians may request an Educational Trip excused by:
- Must submit the educational tour/trip request form for excusal at least five days prior to the absence. Tours and trips without prior approval are automatically coded as unlawful
- The student’s participation has been approved by the Principal
- The tour or trip does not exceed five school days
- The maximum number of excused absences for educational tours and trips has not exceeded five cumulative school days for the school year. Absences that exceed five school days will be considered unlawful.
Tardiness/ Late Arrivals – Students arriving after the 9:00AM bell must come to the school accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student must be signed in at the front office by the parent or guardian. A doctor appointment note is the only excused tardy.
Car Rider Door
If your child is a car rider in the morning please remember to follow the rules listed below:
- If you choose to get out of the car to help your child you need to park your vehicle in a parking spot and walk your child to the sidewalk.
- If you want to drop your child off follow the flow of traffic. Do not go around the car in front of you in the line.
- Please be mindful of people that are crossing the street
- The car rider door closes at 9:00AM, if you arrive after that time you will need to come to the office and sign your child in.
If your child is a car rider in the afternoon you need to follow the rules listed below:
- Dismissal is at 3:40, please be in the line at 3:40PM
- Your child must have a daily note unless they are a car rider everyday.
- If you need to make transportation changes please notify the office prior to 3:00PM. Arrangements can’t be changed after 3:00PM
We have replaced the Reidenbaugh Pledge with Reidenbaugh C.A.R.E.S. Students will be learning how to follow these character traits throughout the school year.
We hope that you are all enjoying the first couple of weeks back. If you have any questions or concerns on any of the policies please feel free to call the office and we would be happy to help.