Our mission: Nurture and challenge for success.
As per the Chapter 4 regulations established by the PA Department of Education, school districts are to develop and submit a Comprehensive Plan every six years. Part One of the plan must cover the first three years of the six-year requirement. Thus, the Manheim Township School District facilitated the strategic planning process during the 2017-2018 school year, in preparation for its implementation during the 2018-2019 school year. The plan is written through the 2021-2022 school year since the PDE has the end of Part One scheduled for June 30, 2022.
The 2018-2022 Comprehensive Plan is available for public review prior to approval by the Board of School Directors on August 16, 2018. After the vote of approval, the plan will be submitted to the PDE for final approval.
The plan is available for review via this link. We welcome your feedback on our Comprehensive Plan. Please use this form to share your thoughts with us.
A hard copy of the Comprehensive Plan is also available at the Manheim Township Public Library on 595 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
Summary of Plan
3 Goals & Initiatives
- Targeted effective instructional practices supporting specific areas of need
- Technology integration within classroom instruction Gr. K-12
- Common assessments & grading practices Gr. 5-12
- Standards-aligned common curriculum Gr. 5-12
- Mental health supports for students Gr. K-12
- Transition resources and processes to help students transition into elementary school, intermediate school, middle school, high school, and beyond
- Comprehensive differentiated professional development framework for educators and instructional support staff
- Early learning programs for building literacy & readiness for school age learning programs
- Universal screening process
- Comprehensive Gr. K-12 Assessment Plan
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) Gr. K-6
- Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Gr. K-6