Welcome to the Manheim Township School District! We are proud of many things in our district, from the comprehensive academic programs offered to students in kindergarten through twelfth grade, to the vast array of co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities. These academic programs are housed within six elementary schools (grades K-4), one intermediate school (grades 5-6), one middle school (grades 7-8), and one high school (grades 9-12). The Manheim Township School District experiences educational excellence in all of its schools, with student achievement recognition occurring at the state and national levels. Our success as a district exemplifies the strong support for our students from staff, parents, and the local community.
We are committed to the improvement of our organization, and welcome ongoing open communication with families and the community. This feedback contributes to the continuous cycle of improvement, especially as the district works toward attainment of the mission and established strategic Comprehensive Plan goals. The mission statement of the district – Nurture and Challenge for Success – sets the direction for educational programming and guides the decision-making processes within the organization. The district is steadfast in the work toward achievement of the three Comprehensive Plan goals:
- Achievement for All: Establish a district system that fully ensures the consistent implementation of effective instructional practices, including the use of standards aligned assessments to monitor student achievement and adjust instructional practices.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Establish a district system that fully ensures students who are academically at risk are identified early and are supported by a process that provides interventions based upon student needs and includes procedures for monitoring effectiveness.
- Climate & Culture: Establish a district system that fully ensures barriers to student learning are addressed in order to increase student achievement and graduation rates.
We continue to hold high expectations for all students, providing supports when needed. These high expectations involve preparing our students to be college and career ready after graduation as they enter a competitive world.
I am honored at the opportunity to lead the school district into future years of continued scholastic achievement, building upon the existing character, culture, and programs that bring success to students. Together, as a team, we will do great things for students.
Dr. Robin L. Felty
Dr. Felty’s Blog
- December 2017 (Click to read)
Posted on 01/09/2018 at 11:51
- November 2017 (Click to read)
Posted on 12/05/2017 at 03:56
- October 2017: The ARTS are thriving and well at our District! (Click to read)
Posted on 11/03/2017 at 12:33
- Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! (Click to read)
Posted on 10/03/2017 at 12:30
- May/June 2017: End of Year Reflections (Click to read)
Posted on 06/26/2017 at 10:48
- April 2017 (Click to read)
Posted on 05/01/2017 at 02:15
- March 2017 (Click to read)
Posted on 04/03/2017 at 11:51
- January-February 2017 (Click to read)
Posted on 03/06/2017 at 10:47
- December 2016 Edition (Click to read)
Posted on 01/03/2017 at 10:37
- November 2016 Edition (Click to read)
Posted on 12/05/2016 at 03:34
- October 2016 Edition (Click to read)
Posted on 11/10/2016 at 11:04
- Welcoming the 2016-2017 School Year! September 2016 Edition (Click to read)
Posted on 10/03/2016 at 07:22
Dr. Felty’s GoalsClick here to download Dr. Felty’s Superintendent Goals for 2017-2018 in PDF format.
MTSD Org Chart
Superintendent & Assistant Superintendent Annual EvaluationAs per the PA Public School Code, school districts are required to post the mutually agreed upon objective performance standards included in the professional contracts of the District Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent. Through the formal written evaluation process in June 2017, the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent demonstrated achievement of the agreed upon objective performance standards established pursuant to the PA Public School Code.
Click here to view these standards.