Manheim Township Health Services seeks to provide an optimum educational environment by promoting a climate of health and well-being and minimizing absenteeism.
Every building has a Certified School Nurse and an RN or LPN that assists in the role of Health Room Nurse.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success and life-long achievement and health of students. School nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety including a healthy environment; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self advocacy, and learning (NASN, 2010)
- RN with a bachelor's degree and 24 hours of postgraduate work in school nursing
- PA State Certification
Pennsylvania School Immunization Requirements Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, and rubella**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade.
- If the dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- medical reasons;
- religious beliefs; and
- philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
- Allergy Management Plan
- Asthma Form
- Certificate of Immunization Card
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet from CDC
- Dental Exam, Parent Letter
- Head Lice, Treatment at Home
- HPE Medical Form
- Keeping Your Family Healthy from CDC
- Medical Certificate Card for Required Immunizations
- Medication Permission Form
- Physical Examination, Private or School
- Seizure Medical Form