Manheim Township School District
Payments may be made by credit card/electronic check by visiting: https://www.velocitypayment.com/client/mtwp/index.htm.
To make an online payment you will need you bill and PIN numbers.Please be aware that an additional fee will be applied by the processing vendor.
Real estate tax bills are mailed to property owners on or about July 1st of each year and cover the fiscal year from July 1 through June 30. If you do not receive a copy of your tax bill by July 10th you may contact Manheim Township School District Business Office at 717-560-3091 or email@example.com for a copy. Property owners are responsible for verifying with their mortgage company that the current tax bill was received.
- 2022-23 Millage Rate: 16.1277
- Homestead Exclusion: $8,733
- Farmstead Exclusion: $8,733
- Name and address changes, or questions concerning the assessment of your property must be directed to the Lancaster County Board of Assessment at 717-299-8381. Changes to your bill stub will not be accepted.
- All real estate taxes that remain unpaid as of December 31, will be turned over to the Lancaster County Tax Bureau for collection.
Senior Tax Relief
- Senior tax relief information: If you meet certain income guidelines and are over age 65, a widow/widower over age 50, or disabled over age 18, you may be eligible for assistance through Pennsylvania's Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program.
- For more information or an application call 1-888-222-9190.
Interim Tax Bills
- Interim tax bills are issued throughout the year to properties of new construction or an improvement.
- Interim tax bills are issued after the Lancaster County Assessment Office assigns an assessed value to the property.
- Interim due dates are based on the date the bill is issued and are located on the tax bill.
- Tax information is provided to a settlement company or tax service by tax certification only. Certification must be requested in writing by mail or email. Requests are usually processed within 48 hours and will be emailed back (if information is provided). If you would like the certification returned by mail, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request.
- If the request is emailed, a copy of the $25 check fee must be included.
- All checks should be made payable to Manheim Township School District
- Requests should be sent to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail:Manheim Township School District
PO Box 5386
Lancaster, PA 17606-5386
- Payments are strongly encouraged to be made by mail to:
- Manheim Township School District
- PO Box 8618
- Lancaster, PA 17604
- Checks should be made payable to Manheim Township School District
- A copy of the bill is required with payment.
- US Post Office postmark will be used for determining the date of payment.
- Incorrect amounts or late postmarks will be returned to sender.
- Payments will not be accepted at MTSD. Payments may be made at any Fulton Bank during normal business hours.
- Partial payments will not be accepted. Only full or installment payments will be accepted.
- Full Payment
- 2% discount if paid before August 31
- Base amount if paid between September 1 - October 31
- 10% penalty if paid between November 1 – December 31
- Installment Payment Option allows for the payment of the flat tax rate in three (3) equal installments, with the payment amount due on or before the dates as listed:
- 1st installment must be received by August 31 to enroll in this plan
- 2nd installment by October 31
- 3rd installment by December 31
- Payment of the first installment must be made on or before August 31 to indicate your intention to pay the taxes on the installment plan. Late payment of the 1st installment will be returned and you will not qualify for the installment plan.
- After receiving the first payment on or before August 31, the remaining installment coupons will be mailed to you.
- Installment payments must be made in full, partial installment payments will not be accepted.
- Failure to make any one of the installment payments by the due date stated above will result in a penalty of ten percent (10.00%) on each such late installment.
- Payment of all installments prior to August 31 does not entitle you to the two percent (2.00%) discount.