TRANSPORTATION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Students that reside within MTSD and meet the following conditions may be eligible for transportation services to and from the primary home address of the student.
- Primary Residency in MTSD is established through our Student Services Department.
- Walking Distances
- Following the guidance set by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, students may be required to walk up to 1.5 miles to an elementary school (K-6) or 2 miles to a secondary school bus stop (7-12). Each school has a predetermined walk-zone that has been been approved by the MTSD School Board. Walking routes may or may not have sidewalks along portions of the route and transportation will automatically be provided for students residing in areas greater than these distances.
- Special accommodations for transportation are made in accordance with the Pupil Services Department.
- Non-Public Students
- Attend a non-public school that is located ten (10) miles or less by paved public roadway from the Manheim Township School District border.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) complete a Transportation Request Form (Act 372), which will route families to the Emergency Contact Form.
- The attending school’s enrollment department must validate the student address and enrollment status to complete transportation.
SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES
School Board Policy 810- Transportation
- Transportation for students shall be provided in accordance with law and Board policy.
School Board Policy 810.1- School Bus Drivers and School Commercial Vehicle Drivers
- The Board recognizes that an employee must be fit to operate a school bus and commercial motor vehicle to ensure the health and safety of students being transported. The Board also recognizes that an employee impaired by drugs or alcohol who operates district vehicles or transports students poses significant risks to the safety of students and others.
School Board Policy 810.2- Video/Audio Recording on School Property and in School Buses and Vehicles
- The use of video and audio recording equipment supports efforts to maintain discipline and to ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, contractors, and others on district property and while being transported on district-owned, operated, or contracted school buses or school vehicles.