Manheim Township Business Education
The High School Business Program offers a variety of opportunities for students to explore careers and fields they may wish to pursue in the future. The department offers instruction in three courses of Accounting, Marketing, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Introduction to Business, Entrepreneurship, and two courses in Financial Literacy. Students may choose to complete a cooperative education opportunity during their senior year.
Students engage in hands-on business activities in all of their courses. The Entrepreneurship students perform all the roles necessary to run the Bluetique (MT’s School Store) and utilize their skills gained from Accounting and/or Marketing class to help complete the tasks of running a business. Students regularly participate in various simulations in all classes in order to gain real-world experience.
Content Specialist: Dr. Julie Frey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Accounting students have the opportunity to gain knowledge from impressive guest speakers and graduates who visit the high school to share their experiences working in accounting careers. In addition, students placed nationally in the Deloitte Accounting competition.
- Cooperative Education students have worked in a variety of business and industry positions during the school day gaining valuable experience throughout Lancaster County.
- Entrepreneurship students are responsible for the operations of the student-based business that serves the school and community.
- Introduction to Business students are introduced to a variety of business topics, develop their skills, and apply their learning through project-based activities.
- Marketing students participate in the Lancaster Newspaper Design an Advertisement contest each fall.
- Financial Literacy students have participated and placed nationally in various simulations and competitions throughout the school year.