Content Specialist: TBD
Manheim Township Music & Performing Arts
The High School Music Program offers a variety of opportunities for students. The department offers courses in music appreciation, music theory (including AP Music Theory and IB Music), musical theater, and popular music. Additionally, students have the opportunity to learn to play the keyboard and guitar.
In addition to traditional courses, the music program offers performance electives including Chorus, Concert Choir, Orchestra, Symphonic Band, and a Percussion Ensemble. Students involved in these programs receive instruction during the school day and then perform at multiple concerts during the school year.
Beyond the academic day, the department offers an extensive array of extra-curricular activities for music students. These offerings include The Marching Band, Troubadours (a singing group), Guitar Ensemble, Jazz Band, along with stage performances including a play in the fall and a musical in the spring.
- The Marching Band has won numerous honors at the Cavalcade of Bands including the Yankee Open Division Championship in 2007 and bronze medals in 2008 and 2010.
- An “Excellent” rating during the Concert Band‘s 2008 Heritage Festival trip to Boston, MA
- An “Outstanding” rating during the Concert Band‘s 2010 Festival of Music trip to Chicago, IL.
- In 2009, two students were named to the PMEA (Pennsylvania Music Educators Association) All-Stand Band.
- In 2009, one student was named to the MENC All-Eastern Concert Band (a collection of the best high school musicians from 12 states and the District of Columbia)
MT Music & Performing Arts Links: